As a Lloyd's Members' Agent and adviser, we concentrate on creating long-standing client relationships based on excellent service and we aim to deliver superior returns from underwriting at Lloyd's.
Hampden Agencies provides all of the services associated with underwriting at Lloyd’s:
• Portfolio planning and syndicate selection in order to optimise the profitability of our clients' underwriting at Lloyd’s over the insurance cycle.
• Administering the membership process such as ensuring the correct level of capital is maintained by the underwriting vehicle and managing the distribution of profits.
• Ensuring all market and industry regulatory requirements are met and appropriate records and standards maintained.
• Working alongside Nomina Plc and Hampden Tax Consultants Ltd (who can provide administration and tax services to clients under a separate agreement) to establish and maintain underwriting vehicles at Lloyd’s and ensure a seamless service.
• Providing each of our clients with a “Private Client Director”, a senior member of staff, who becomes their main point of contact and advice.
• Biannual Roadshows across the UK, to which all clients and their advisers are invited, where market updates, capital considerations and syndicate results are discussed and presented.
• Hampden Agencies’ leading Underwriting Research Team - offering advice underpinned by research and in-depth market analysis carried out by a dedicated team of analysts. The team is pivotal in ensuring a strong track record in delivering market leading underwriting returns for our clients. Click here for further background.
• Access to the exclusive Hampden MAPA Portfolio offering. Members Agents Pooling Arrangement (MAPA) is a packaged portfolio of quality syndicates, consolidated into a managed spread of capacity using the most up to date information and analytics. Our MAPAs provide clients the opportunity to have a lighter touch involvement but benefit from the bulk buying power of a larger scale. The Underwriting Research Team, piece together these spread portfolios that clients can put some or all of their Lloyd’s capacity into. The MAPA is a lower risk strategy than some bespoke approaches and has experienced good returns.
If you would like to receive further information about membership of Lloyd's please email Alistair Troughton or telephone Alistair on 07554 451549.
Alternatively to find out more about Hampden Agencies and the opportunity of participating at Lloyd's, please click here https://www.hampden.co.uk/hamp...
In addition to the personal service that we offer, we are also the only Members' Agent with direct access to HI PCC. Formed in 2004 HI PCC Ltd is a protected cell company based in Guernsey and has been developing products to help Members underwriting at Lloyd’s to manage the underwriting cycle.
HI PCC has the ability to develop products for individual Members that would normally only be available to large insurers or reinsurers. HI PCC has developed nine different products over the years and as a minor shareholder, Hampden Agencies is able to assist HI PCC in the development of these.
Most products from HI PCC are exclusive to Hampden’s Members, but, where appropriate, they are offered to all Lloyd’s individual Members, such as personal stop loss reinsurance and reinsurance protecting Member’s participations on the nuclear Syndicate 1176. To this day, HI PCC continues to develop specific niche products in cooperation with Hampden Agencies.