This Privacy Notice is issued by Hampden Tax Consultants Ltd (collectively referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ in this Privacy Notice).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we will use any Personal Data we collect from you.
Why and on What Basis Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We may collect and process personal information about you when you:
- contact us to enquire about any services we offer
- for the purpose of you entering into a contractual relationship with us and for the performance of that relationship
- if you contact us by telephone or email or via our website for any other reason
The Personal Data we collect may include:
- Individual details – name, address (including proof of address), other contact details, gender, marital status, date and place of birth, nationality, employer, job title and employment history and family details including their relationship to you
- Identification details – identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies including your national insurance number, Unique Taxpayer Reference, passport number and driving licence number
- Financial information – bank account details, earned and investment income, pensions, investments, properties, interests in businesses and trusts and other financial information
- Credit and anti-fraud data – credit history, credit score, sanctions, any status as a Politically Exposed Person, criminal offences and information from anti-fraud databases relating to you.
- Special categories of Personal Data – health information where relevant to your individual circumstances and the services we provide to you, and criminal conviction data
The legal basis on which we process your Personal Data may include:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps that you request prior to entering into a contract
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, including for identity and verification purposes and to meet the requirements of any applicable regulatory authority
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party (including marketing of services which we believe may be of interest to you) except where such interests are overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data
- Where you have given consent to the processing of your special categories of Personal Data for one or more specified purposes or where such processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, following which it will be deleted. The period for which we keep your Personal Data will include any period which may be necessary for the performance of contractual relationships between us or where we are required to keep your Personal Data for legal or regulatory reasons.
Transfers of Your Data to Third Parties
We do not disclose your Personal Data to any third parties except as stated in this Privacy Notice, as otherwise permitted by law, or as authorised by you.
We may disclose your Personal Data to another member of our group of companies where this is necessary for the provision of services to you.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other companies who provide services to us including data management, IT, email delivery, website hosting, company secretarial, auditing and other third party services, or in the event of any merger, sale or other transfer of all or part of our business.
It may also be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data to public or regulatory authorities in order for us to perform our contract with you or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations to which we or you are subject.
Should we transmit Personal Data to recipients outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will only do so if the EU has confirmed that the country has an appropriate level of data protection or that other appropriate data protection guarantees are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
You can write to us to obtain further details of the Personal Data we hold about you and the purposes for which we use it.
Our contact details are as follows:
Hampden Tax Consultants Limited
40 Gracechurch Street
London EC3V 0BT
020 7863 6602
You may also have the right to require us to:
- Provide you with a copy of the Personal Data you have provided to us
- Update any inaccuracies in the Personal Data we hold
- Delete any Personal Data that we no longer have a lawful ground to use
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing
- Object to any processing based on our legitimate interests unless our reasons for that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
Any requests for additional information or to exercise your rights should be made in writing to the above contact details.
This privacy notice is available electronically on our website at www.hampden.co.uk.
Your Right to Complain
If you are not happy with our use of your Personal Data or our response to any request to exercise any of your rights mentioned above, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The contact details of the ICO are:
0303 123 1113