Lancashire has published its Q3 2021 Trading Statement:
- Gross written premiums up 47% year on year to US$968m
- Renewal Price Index at +110%
- Net estimated claims of US$165m to US$185m from Hurricane Ida and European storm and floods as per earlier announcement available here
- Estimated claims of US$40m from South African unrest*
- Increased prior year development of US$69.6m (US$11.2m Q3 2020)
Please click here for the full announcement available on Lancashire's website.
The increase in written premium occurred mainly in the property and casualty reinsurance class of business, accounting for US$503m.
Aviation business had the highest renewal price increases at 112%.
A presentation to investors and analysis posted on to the Lancashire website is available here as a pdf.