Hampden Capital Plc
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Policy Statement & Commitment
Commitment to be a responsible market participant
- Engage with stakeholders to develop and embed our ESG policy
- Engage with and align our ESG policies and values with Lloyd’s Market ESG policy and programmes
- Board level responsibility for the formation, implementation and promotion of ESG principles
Commitment to our people and culture
- We will review and define our cultural values, promoting and monitoring these across the businesses
- We will actively ensure equality in all areas of the business, especially recruitment and promotion to ensure the best candidates are secured, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or any other protected characteristic
- We are committed to gender equality and equal opportunities for employees at all levels
- We will reduce any gender pay gap and work to ensure our boards and committees have diverse representation where possible
- We will continue to focus on employee wellbeing and flexible working for our staff
Commitment to sustainable insurance services, operations & customers
- We will introduce a policy to actively engage with and monitor supported syndicates ESG plans
- We will support new insurance initiatives on resilient infrastructure, low carbon economies etc through the Future at Lloyd’s
- We will not recommend syndicates for capital support who provide new insurance cover in respect of thermal coal-fired power stations, thermal coal mines, oil sands or new Arctic energy exploration activities from 1 January 2022.
- We will not recommend syndicates for capital support who provide renewal of insurance cover in respect of thermal coal-fired power stations, thermal coal mines, oil sands or new Arctic energy exploration activities from 1 January 2030.
- We are committed to a robust corporate governance and compliance structure across all subsidiaries.
- We will look to achieve a net zero carbon emission status of the business by 2025, and maintain a roadmap to support that ambition.
- We will communicate our policies and expectations to our clients in respect of ESG
Commitment to responsible investment
- We will review relationships with financial institutions to ensure they have robust ESG policies and do not support carbon intensive businesses as a key part of their business model.
- We ensure that our investment policy integrates ESG into its decision making process
Commitment to the community
- We will continue to promote our charitable and community engagement work